Replace youtube redirect links

Replace youtube redirect links with direct links and extend links text to its full length

< Feedback on Replace youtube redirect links

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 01/11/2022

Hello,

Do you think that it's easy and simple for you to do it also on the links which are in the chat of the livestreams ?

Morever, in the description of the videos and in the community posts, do you think that it's possible to unblock the length of the links so that they are entirely visible ?

Please.

Thank you for your answer.

Google Chrome Browser with Tampermonkey

max44Author
§
Posted: 02/11/2022

Hi,

I think processing links in the chat is possible, I just have to make the script to monitor the changes in the contents instead of acting on "scroll" event.

Regarding the visible length, I have just put a very long link in the description of my video and it is fully visible. Give me please a link to the video where the visible length is limited.

§

§

max44Author
§

Done. Links are extended and redirection removes in live streams too.

§

Thank you very much, it works really well :-)

On the other hand, the long YouTube links for the channels, playlists, join... are not displayed entirely like here :
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeJggHGmTiQ

In addition, the links are sometimes shifted in the posts like here :
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygHXRAXTsb8JyOeauUVlmA/community?lb=Ugkxxlx4JvYIFMf9Wv8vOvzc5iB2VEXDAQdT

It's same for you ?

By the way, do you know a tool, extension, script... that can directly display short links to know if it's a malicious link or not like :
- https://bit.ly/2QYKZm
Please ?

Thank you again for your answer.

max44Author
§
On the other hand, the long YouTube links for the channels, playlists, join... are not displayed entirely like her

This is because my script checked "redirect" links only, but any internal Youtube links have no redirection. Ok, now it checks all the links whether they can be expanded.

In addition, the links are sometimes shifted in the posts like here

This is because this text has "text-align: right;" css set by Youtube itself. No idea why they did it.

tool, extension, script... that can directly display short links

You can read a lot of materials here: https://www.google.com/search?q=expand+shortened+links
Some shorteners provide "preview" modification of their links, but not all of them.

§
Posted: 03/11/2022

Everything works very well, and YouTube is improved with your scripts.
I don't always understand YouTube on some of these choices either... :-(

In any case, I hope that after all this work you do, you can enjoy it too :-)

Once again, thank you very much for all your work, your information and your kindness ;-)

§

The script works very well, so I switch to Good :-)

max44Author
§
I hope that after all this work you do, you can enjoy it too

Of course. Without feedback I cannot develop my scripts in such extent, cause I alone cannot see everything which is worth improvement.

§

It's true and I understand.
In any case, you have really succeeded to improve websites with your scripts.
Congratulations ;-)

§
Posted: 05/03/2023

Hello,

Sorry again, but due to the new change of YouTube, do you think that you can display the whole text of the new presentation of YouTube's own links in the description of the videos please ?

For test : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RWa7rZTCXw

I don't know if YouTube did the same in the community section also, because I haven't had the possibility to see it yet...

Thank you for your answer.

max44Author
§
Edited: 05/03/2023

Hi,

Do you mean that, for example, instead of "SAMSUNG Galaxy Ta..." you'd like to see the text "SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S7 FE vs Tab S6 Lite" over the respective link? If yes, it could be done in the following way.

By default you see now:
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S7 FE vs Tab S6 Lite : [YT logo] • SAMSUNG Galaxy Ta...

After my script you will see:
[YT logo] • SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S7 FE vs Tab S6 Lite

If this is what you want, I can do.

§

Yes, that's right, please :-)

max44Author
§
Posted: 07/03/2023

Done.

§

Thank you very much for your new update that I tested. After some tests, here are the results :

It's a very good thing to replace the title given by the YouTuber + the short link of YouTube by the long link of YouTube directly :-)
But the real titles of the videos are not displayed, because it's replaced by the title given by the YouTuber and which differs from the real title of the video.

So unfortunately, under some videos like this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67Ks5GQaV0
- logiciels indispensables pour 2023 REPLACES -> Les logiciels indispensables pour améliorer ton PC en 2023 (win 10 & 11)
- Office gratuitement REPLACES -> Comment obtenir Microsoft Office GRATUIT , WORD, EXCEL etc (2021)

Then, the titles of the videos given by the YouTuber are not very clear.

§

On the other hand, under other videos like this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcF80ngiMDk
- Virtual Ram aka Memory Extension in Android Explained :- REPLACES -> What Is Virtual Ram in Android ?? Explained | Does it Increase Gaming Performance??
- Game Turbo 4.0 English Without Root on any Miui :- REPLACES -> Miui 13 | Game Turbo 4.0 English APK | Voice Changer | Without Root | Any Xiaomi, Redmi, Poco
- Poco X3 Pro Bootloader Unlock Tutorial :- REPLACES -> How to | Poco X3 Pro Bootloader Unlock | New Tool | Detailed Tutorial | All Xiaomi, Redmi, Poco 2021

The titles given by this YouTuber are better summarized, but the real titles of the videos are always more accurate :-)

§

In all these cases, there are 2 solutions :

1 Either, have the real title of the video directly (as YouTube shows it, but doesn't display the whole text) instead of the title given by the YouTuber.

2 Either, left the title given by the YouTuber and the real title of the video with the text displayed in full.

To not be misled on the real titles of the videos, especially in the videos where the YouTubers gave different titles...

What do you think about it from your side ?

max44Author
§
Edited: 07/03/2023

There is no video's full title on the page. I have to visit the link to get its full name. This is resource consuming process. So, none of these 2 solutions can be realized.

Actually, I do not see the problem that youtuber's description does not coinside with video's title. Why? Because anyway Youtube provides you with only a very short piece of the title, which cannot give you a chance to guess the full title. Thus, you lose nothing. You'd better look from another point of view at the cases you described above:

Virtual Ram aka Memory Extension in Android Explained :- DOES NOT REPLACE -> What Is Virtual Ram in Android ?? Explained | Does it Increase Gaming Performance??
IT REPLACES -> What Is Virtual R...

max44Author
§

Maybe sometime later Youtube provides a floating hint with video's full name when mouse pointer is hovering the short name. Then your suggested solutions can be realized.

§

Okay I understand, because I thought that YouTube didn't want to display the full title on purpose, and therefore hid them...
That's why I was hoping that the full title would appear with your script and it was prettier to see.

As sometimes it happens that YouTube does things or changes that are not understandable :-(

So, I'm waiting to see if YouTube will change again or will leave this new change for its own links...

I also just noticed that the usernames are back as before in the comments under the videos :-)

Thank you very much again for your work :-)

max44Author
§
Posted: 08/03/2023

Oh yes. The only thing we can be sure about is that Youtube keeps being changed and not always for good :)

> didn't want to display the full title on purpose
I think the only purposes here is to save some space by shortening video titles.

Sign in to post a reply.