FB - Clean my feeds

Hide Sponsored and Suggested posts in FB's News Feed, Groups Feed, Watch Videos Feed and Marketplace Feed

< Обсуждения FB - Clean my feeds

Отзыв: Хороший — скрипт работает как нужно

Please Add instagram ads remove

zbluebugzАвтор
§
Создано: 22.07.2023
Отредактировано: 22.07.2023

Thanks for the feedback.

I did have a userscript for Instagram, but took it down due to issues.

You could try using uBlock Origin addon/extension - it can hide Sponsored posts in Instagram and FB.

If you still want a userscript for Instagram, let me know.

Does uBlock blocking Sponsored posts actually work? The opinions on the Internet are rather mixed.

Yes, uBlock Origin (the official one) can hide Sponsored posts on Instagram.

The default settings in uBO work straight out of the box - just make sure that uBO has the latest filter rules loaded.

If unsure:

1. In uBO's settings, ensure that "Disable cosmetic filtering" is NOT ticked/checked/enabled.
  2. In uBO's "Filter lists," enable "Parse and enforce cosmetic filters."
  3. In uBO's "Filter lists," ensure that "Ignore generic cosmetic filters" is NOT ticked/checked/enabled.
  4. In uBO's "Filter lists," enable "uBlock filters - Ads."

NB: Some of the other Filter lists also hide Sponsored posts (can't remember which ones).

You might experience some scrolling issues on Instagram - that's a side-effect of using most adblockers that filter out sponsored posts.

An alternative option is to use Instagram's "Following" feed page: https://www.instagram.com/?variant=following
Currently, I don't see sponsored/suggested posts in that feed and hardly encounter any scrolling issues.
Also, Instagram doesn't "hide" the posts when you refresh/reload the "Following" feed - unlike the main feed.

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.