Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube polymer engine fixes

Some fixes for Youtube polymer engine

< Feedback on Youtube polymer engine fixes

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2024/09/14

Hi. :)

First of all, I’m very grateful for your hard work!

Secondly, I noticed a bug: when I jump from a channel's video page (e.g. youtube.com/@username/videos) to the YouTube homepage, the number of videos displayed in a row changes to 4, even though it wasn’t originally set to that number according to my settings. This creates an empty space where the missing videos should be.

I’m not sure if this has happened before or if there would be a solution for it.

I’ve also attached screenshots of the issue.

Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Google Chrome 126.0.6478.183
Tampermonkey Legacy v5.1.1
Youtube polymer engine fixes v2.26.3

§
Posted: 2024/09/21

Had the same problem and took me a couple of days to figure it out. Its a weird alignment issue when going from channel's video page to the main page ... you can see in the second screenshot the first thumbnail in the rich grid is slightly more to the right compared to the first screenshot , so there is no enough space for the fifth thumbnail. Changing the "Align main page content" option in the script does not help.
I'm using a portable version of chromium and its easier to start from scratch when facing such problems. So ... clean browser with just Tampermonkey, Trusted-Types Helper and Youtube polymer engine fixes was absolutely fine.
The solution in my main browser was to clear all YouTube data, remove Youtube polymer engine fixes, new install of the script and configure it just how it was before.

§
Posted: 2024/09/21

Hi!
It somehow fixed itself without me doing anything, hehe... :D
Probably just a YouTube bug or something, I’m not sure.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Sign in to post a reply.